Review (medical/biological study)
[Health effects from radiofrequency electromagnetic fields of mobile phones and other new communication systems].
Gesundheitsrelevante Wirkungen hochfrequenter elektromagnetischer Felder des Mobilfunks und anderer neuer Kommunikationssysteme.
Published in: Umweltmed Forsch Prax 2004; 9 (2): 127-136
- genotoxicity/mutation: DNA strand breaks, gene mutation, chromosome aberration, induction of micronuclei
- cancer: carcinogenesis (see also "epidemiology"); different forms of cancer (neoplasms, lymphoma, sarcoma, brain, breast cancer, skin, liver, spleen, kidney, colon tumors)
- effects on the cardiovascular system: blood pressure
- effects on the neurological system: blood-brain barrier permeability
- cognitive/behavioral endpoints: cognitive function (e.g. memory function, reaction time, behaviour in a maze)
- hypersensitivity/subjective complaints: subjective complaints
- sleep: sleep disturbance
- epidemiology: different forms of cancer (acoustic neuroma, uveal melanoma, brain tumors, leukaemia, thyroid gland, lung, breast cancer, testis cancer)
- implants/medical devices: interference with electronic implants
Study funded by