The currently applied limits were in large part developed by the following organizations:
- International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers/International Committee on Electromagnetic Safety (IEEE/ICES)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC)
A collection of reports and statements of international authorities are provided by the GSM Association (GSMA). Laws, recommendations, and guidelines in this field can be found in the EMF-Portal by restricting the literature search to this topic. In addition, the following link will lead you to a collection of contributions to the limit discussion.